- 800 g (1.8 lb) or 8 medium sized pieces of chicken
1 coconut grated
4 onions chopped
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tsps garam masala
2 tsps Malvani Special Masala
8 green chillies chopped
2 tbs ginger paste
2 tbs garlic paste
2 tbs oil
salt to taste
finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Grind half of the green chillies to a paste and mix it well with the ginger and garlic pastes.
- Make cuts on the chicken pieces, rub this mixture on to them well and marinate for about an hour at least.
- Roast coconut shavings in a little hot oil till light brown. Cool and grind along with half the onions to a paste.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and saute the onions on medium level for about 2 minute(s) or till they are light brown in color.
- Add the remaining chopped green chillies, spice powders and fry for a few seconds. Add the marinated chicken pieces and fry on medium level for about 3 minutes or till they are lightly browned.
- Add the paste, salt and mix well. Add water according to the desired level of consistency and bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low level for about 25 minute(s) or till the chicken pieces are tender and fully cooked.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.